Above photo: Bensonvale Covenant Church on 61st and Ames.
Faith Covenant Church was started by the American Sunday School Union and the Evangelical Covenant Church as a Sunday School. A small frame building was erected at the corner of 61st and Ames in the rapidly growing Bensonvale community in northwest Omaha. The building was dedicated on December 23, 1945, and the first Sunday School classes were held one week later on December 30th.
Faith Covenant Church was organized as Bensonvale Covenant Church with forty-six members and affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church and the Midwest Covenant Conference on January 30, 1948.
A larger brick building replaced the original building and was constructed at the same location. The new building was dedicated on February 10, 1957.
The church continued to grow and acquired the present building at 84th and Fort in 1987. The name of the church was changed to Faith Covenant Church in 2003 to better reflect who we are and what we believe.
|.:.||Home||.:.||Ministries||.:.||Church News||.:.||Links||.:.||Contact||.:.||Legal Info||.:.||Sitemap||.:.|